Survey Interviewer Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Interviews individuals to obtain and record responses to specific
questions used for research purposes.
first in a series of two classifications. The survey interviewer
differs from the Senior level in that they follow a standard set of
questions, do not deviate from these questions and do not have
coordinate responsibilities. Incumbents typically receive training
on interviewing techniques. Incumbents may be required to travel as
interviewing may be performed in the participant's home.
Examples of Duties:
- Contacts individuals from a prepared list of names to
schedule interview date and time.
- Interviews individuals to obtain relevant information by
asking questions from a prepared outline.
- Writes, and/or records with tape recorder, responses of the
- Tallies and/or codes information collected.
- Enters coded data into computer.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of research techniques.
- Skill in following directions.
- Skill in interacting with the public.
- Skill in interviewing techniques.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
prior experience required. Position may require possession of
current Arizona Type D driver's license upon employment.
Next: Survey Interviewer Senior Job Description