Senior Wafer Fabrication Operator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Manufactures wafers under direct supervision. Responsible for the
basic processes of production, such as: baking, aligning,
inspecting, etching, cleaning the wafers, and quality assurance.
the second in a series of three classifications and is distinguished
from the Wafer Fabricator Operator in that this position requires a
high degree of expertise and skill in their respected field to
assume responsibility for special projects. This position may also
have some supervision over the Operators and Students in their unit
and may provide general instruction regarding processes. This
position usually reports directly to a manager of the unit.
Examples of Duties:
- Designs, plans, lays out, constructs and inspects work of
subordinates in processes of wafer production such as: baking,
aligning, inspecting, etching, and cleaning the wafers.
- Instructs subordinates and students in production techniques
and working procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring quality of final product.
- Applies knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and
procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to
perform the functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of relevant engineering practices and design
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, developments and
techniques used in systems analysis and applications
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and
- Skill in communicating technical ideas and designs in a
positive and professional manner.
- Skill in working effectively in a team environment.
Associates Degree in related field and 5 years of related experience
in semiconductor fabrication in a manufacturing or pilot line
production environment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
Next: Sheetmetal Supervisor Job Description