Residence Hall Facilities Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates and supervises the custodial, general maintenance, and
paint functions of buildings, property, furniture or equipment
related to residential hall facilities.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Plans and coordinates the staffing of work activities to
include all custodial, paint and general maintenance functions
- Directs workers performing tasks in all custodial, paint and
general maintenance functions in the residential halls.
- Participates in establishing and scheduling major projects
in residential halls to include custodial, paint and general
- Develops and monitors strategic planning for residential
hall facilities; presents plan to the Manager, Residence Hall
Facilities and Services.
- Interviews, hires, disciplines, and approves leave requests,
time sheets and evaluations for staff; develops work standards
and practices for staff
- Trains and facilitates staff on day-to-day job duties and in
all crafts, continuous improvement, and team concepts.
- Determines priorities for major projects; assigns staff and
monitors work in Environmental Services, Maintenance and Paint.
- Serves as liaison for Facilities and Services to other
- Participates in budget preparation; monitors and recommends
the purchase of equipment and supplies.
- Assists other team members with personnel problems involving
- Monitors and inspects outside contract work to ensure
standards are being met; makes recommendations for meeting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices, and
- Knowledge of general maintenance principles, practices, and
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to
the painting trade.
- Knowledge of cleaning equipment, products, techniques, and
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
- Skill in applying principles, practices, and techniques in
all crafts supervised.
- Skill in supervising others.
years of custodial, general maintenance, and painting experience
which includes one year in a lead capacity ; OR Any equivalent
combination of education and/or experience from which comparable
knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Residency Classification Coordinator Job Description