Research/Laboratory Glassware Attendant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
and sterilizes glassware for laboratories following standardized
first in a series of seven classifications and the majority of time
is spent in washing glassware. Incumbents may come in contact with
potentially hazardous chemicals.
Examples of Duties:
- Collects glassware from laboratories, separating by type of
item and size.
- Stacks glassware in dishwasher, adding cleaning solution or
washes glassware by hand; places in oven to dry.
- Prepares glassware for autoclaving by wrapping with foil.
- Weighs and labels vials according to size and/or weight.
- Returns clean glassware to appropriate laboratories.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of the area assigned by
cleaning laboratory benches, counters and floors.
- Inventories and requisitions supplies for assigned area;
checks in shipments and stocks shelves.
- Picks up and delivers supplies, equipment and/or paperwork.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in following detailed instructions.
prior experience required.
Next: Research Specialist Principal Job Description