Printing and Reproduction Services Supervisor Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises daily operations of printing and copying services
provided to university community. Ensures services are provided on
time, are of high quality and are provided at lowest possible cost.
classification is fourth in a series of five classifications and is
distinguished from the Printing and Reproduction Services Supervisor
in that incumbents supervise first line supervisors and are involved
in preparation and maintenance of department budget.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises the activities of subordinates.
- Determines job priorities in order to achieve maximum
utilization of equipment and personnel.
- Assists and advises departments requesting work as to
appropriate format, type of paper to use and color combinations;
estimates cost of jobs for departments.
- Recommends equipment to purchase and provides input
regarding future equipment trends and needs.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of innovative supplies and
consults with supervisor on use of new varieties such as new
types of ink and paper stock; orders supplies for print shop
according to department procedures.
- Assists with budget preparation by projecting labor and
equipment needs; suggests areas for department expansion and
- Monitors billings to verify completeness and accuracy.
- Maintains records and prepares monthly reports pertaining to
- Selects vendors to be used for subcontracted work.
- Ensures quality standards are maintained.
- Ensures printing and copying equipment is properly
- Operates printing equipment; performs work of subordinate
personnel as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of printing and copying equipment, operations and
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skills in performing offset press, bindery and related
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Industrial Technology or related field AND two
years offset printing equipment operation and maintenance experience
which includes one year supervisory experience; OR, Six years offset
printing equipment operation and maintenance experience which
includes one year supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which c
Next: Printing Equipment Operator Job Description