Principal Shop Floor Control Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Responsible for the configuration, set-up, implementations and
ongoing maintenance of the shop floor control/manufacturing
execution system (MES) at the Flexible Display Center. Support
process and equipment used in the Wet Process areas. Perform
electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to determine problems in
non-functioning equipment. Repair and assemble equipment according
to operating or repair manuals. Use test and diagnostic equipment to
perform equipment debug and calibration. Perform equipment
modifications as directed by engineers. Process experiments and
summarize results using various data analysis tools. Be aware of all
process and equipment related changes affecting the Wet Process
third in a series of three classifications and is distinguished in
that it relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish
goals. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates with MES software supplier in the configuration,
set-up, and implementation of the MES system.
- Creates and/or downloads BOMs, routers, and documentation
into the MES system.
- Works with engineering to define procedures/processes for
the movement and transaction of work in process inventories.
- Issues work orders and travelers to the shop floor.
- Performs system transactions, when required.
- Develops daily and weekly production schedules.
- Trains FDC personnel in use of the MES system.
- Performs lot/serial number tracking/traceability.
- Writes weekly reports detailing results.
- Creates presentations showing progress with respect to MES
- Details results that show status of raw materials, work in
process and finished goods.
- Is aware of all process and equipment related changes
affecting the Wet Process area.
- Creates Quality Deviation reports and Engineering Change
Notices as required.
- Monitors SPC charts and react appropriately.
- Processes experiments and summarizes results using various
data analysis tools.
- Performs equipment modifications as directed by engineers.
- Supports process and equipment used in the Wet Process
- Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting to
determine problems in non-functioning equipment.
- Repairs and assembles equipment according to operating or
- Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment
debug and calibration.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computer software including word processing,
spreadsheet and database applications.
- Knowledge of shop floor control software, its implementation
and material planning.
- Knowledge of data management systems and processes.
- Knowledge of principles and practices pertaining to assigned
- Knowledge of research and statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in organizing, planning, analyzing, and coordinating.
- Skill in effective problem resolution.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships (with associate personnel, other University
employees and the general public).
- Skill in problem solving and decision making.
- Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints, maintenance
manuals and engineering sketches.
- Skill in utilizing complicated drawings and specifications,
advanced mathematics, and a variety of precision measuring
Associates Degree in a related field and five (5) years of related
work experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Printing and Reproduction Services Clerk Job Description