Plumbing Assistant Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises the installation, repair, and maintenance of plumbing
third in a series of four classifications. This classification
typically reports to the Plumbing Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises the activities of subordinates.
- Assigns and inspects the work of Plumbers and Trades
Helpers, and initiates corrective measures to meet established
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage
schedules, priority of plumbing expenditures, and procedures for
plumbing systems maintenance.
- Estimates material and labor.
- Selects and requisitions material.
- Maintains time, payroll, and material records, and submits
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to
the plumbing trade.
- Knowledge of applicable plumbing codes.
- Knowledge of the mechanical operation of equipment such as
pumps, boilers, heaters and other plumbing components.
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of all
types of plumbing systems.
- Skill in leading the work of others.
years of plumbing and/or mechanical-pipefitting systems experience,
which includes one year of lead experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Plumbing Supervisor Job Description