Plumber Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
the work of journey level Plumbers and Trades Helpers, and
participates in the repair, maintenance, inspection, and
installation of systems and journey level crafts projects.
second in a series of four classifications. This classification
typically reports to a Plumbing Assistant Supervisor.
Examples of Duties:
- Assigns and inspects the work of Plumbers and Trades
Helpers; initiates corrective action to secure satisfactory
standards and timely project completion.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules
and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Maintains time, payroll, material records, and submits
- Determines material and labor estimates.
- Participates in maintenance, repair, and installation duties
in the trades.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to
- Knowledge of all applicable codes, standards, and
- Skill in installation, repair, and maintenance of all
systems and assignments common to the trade.
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements for work
years of plumbing experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills,
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Plumbing Assistant Supervisor Job Description