Planned Maintenance Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises planned maintenance on building mechanical equipment
systems such as elevators and heating, ventilating and/or air
conditioning (HVAC) equipment.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises the activities of subordinates.
- Monitors planned maintenance on heating, ventilating, and/or
air conditioning systems.
- Monitors general building maintenance and the use and
acquisition of materials.
- Monitors repair and planned maintenance on elevators.
- Develops measures to improve methods, equipment performance,
and quality of work.
- Ensures budgetary guidelines are met; prioritizes
expenditures to stay within budget; assists in the preparation
of capital and operations budgets.
- Interprets policies to assigned personnel and enforces
safety regulations and adherence to proper codes and standards.
- Prepares and negotiates maintenance contracts between
Physical Resources and other departments on campus.
- Monitors and manages progress of in-house contracts and
reviews outside vendor contracts.
- Prepares material and labor estimates.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules
and procedures for equipment maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the tools, equipment, and materials common to
- Knowledge of supervisory principles, practices, and
- Knowledge of planned maintenance principles, practices, and
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in applying planned maintenance principles, practices,
- Skill in estimating time and materials required for
years of experience in heating, ventilating and/or air conditioning
mechanics, elevator mechanics, or building maintenance mechanics,
which includes one year of lead experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Plumber Job Description