Musical Equipment Repair Technician Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Repairs, maintains, and cleans band instruments which include
woodwinds and brass-winds. Conducts workshops on instrument repair
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Performs repairs and maintenance on instruments, such as
replacing keys and pads, repairing broken keys, removing minor
dents, and cleaning valves and slides.
- Polishes and cleans instruments using cloth and polishing
compound or oil.
- Maintains inventory of band instruments and checks equipment
in and out for class use.
- Maintains inventory of supplies used for repairs.
- Conducts workshops on emergency instrument repair.
- Rebuilds instruments, which involves disassembling
instrument, stripping the plating off, re-plating, and
re-assembling the instrument.
- Recommends replacement of instruments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of repair procedures for numerous types of musical
- Skill in the use of musical equipment repair tools.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years' experience in the maintenance, repair, and rebuilding of
musical instruments; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Nurse Job Description