Mover Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Movers in the moving of furniture and equipment.
second in a series of three classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates the activities of subordinates.
- Moves furniture, appliances, and equipment.
- Moves computers and electronic equipment.
- Moves art objects and displays.
- Sets up and removes seating and equipment for special
- Distributes goods to and from salvage, storage, surplus, and
- Assembles and installs modular office furniture.
- May maintain vehicles and moving equipment.
- May operate forklift and various snow removal equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of moving techniques.
- Skill in the use of moving techniques.
years of moving experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved. Possession of current Arizona Type
D driverís license is required upon employment.
Next: Moving Supervisor Job Description