Media Specialist Associate Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Provides video service to university community for educational,
instructional and promotional purposes. Coordinates production and
utilization of equipment and facilities and distribution of
classification is first in a series of four classifications and is
distinguished from the Media Specialist in that incumbents in this
classification are not involved in budget preparation or scheduling
of resources or productions.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates activities of subordinates.
- Operates various types of studio equipment including
television cameras, audio mixers, character generator, video
tape recorder, and other television control room equipment; sets
up equipment in accordance with federal standards and production
- Performs remote production duties such as determination of
shot selection, lighting requirements, and transportation of
- Duplicates videotapes and other instructional materials for
distribution and prepares for shipping.
- Videotapes presentations and events. Edits tapes according
to intended audience and purpose of taping.
- Prepares various presentation materials such as
transparencies, photo displays, posters and handouts; and
prepares graphics and layout of various brochures, flyers and
- Coordinates with clients concerning media production needs
and development of ideas.
- Maintains production records, equipment and supply
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge in methods and techniques used in various phases
of media productions.
- Skill in operating various types of video and audio
Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting Instructional Technology or
related field; OR, Four years experience in media production and
design; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Media Specialist Principal Job Description