Media Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Coordinates production of media projects including facility and
equipment use, utilization of slides, and audio or graphic
productions. Prepares production budgets.
second in a series of four classifications and is distinguished from
the Media Specialist Senior in that incumbents in this
classification are not typically involved in research or concept
Examples of Duties:
- Monitors or coordinates activities of subordinates.
- Schedules personnel and available resources to ensure
production deadlines are met with adherence to production
- Establishes production standards; evaluates requirements for
production such as logistical concerns, type of equipment
required, and cost effective procedures.
- Consults with clients to determine media production needs;
advises clients regarding various aspects of design, development
and use of media, and media presentation; develops media project
goals, objectives and timetables for production.
- Develops, writes, reviews and edits scripts; determines
appropriateness according to intended use and audience.
- Prepares departmental reports and production records.
Maintains supply inventory; orders supplies according to
established department procedures.
- Operates various types of equipment in production of media
- Estimates time, material and expenses and prepares
production budgets. Prepares department billings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in production of
media related projects.
- Knowledge and skill in coordinating work of media
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's degree in Broadcasting Instructional Technology,
Communications or related field AND two years media production and
design experience; OR, Six years experience in media production and
design experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Media Specialist Associate Job Description