Locksmith Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
the repair, installation, and servicing of locks and related
the second classification in a series of three. Incumbents in this
classification lead and participate in the repair, installation, and
servicing of locks, electronic access equipment, and related
hardware. May provide back-up to Supervisor and may coordinate
Examples of Duties:
- Assists the supervisor in prioritizing requests for service
and assigning those request to locksmith shop personnel.
- Installs, adjusts and services locks, doors and panic
hardware, doors, entrances, and related security and electronic
- Inspects work of contractors in areas of responsibility;
reviews assigned locksmith jobs for compliance with state,
local, and federal laws; inspects finished jobs to confirm
- Reviews and recommends security and safety measures and
- Orders supplies and routine repair items.
- Provides technical support to locksmith shop personnel;
assists and participates in training and skills development.
- Performs Locksmith duties, including those related to
electronic access systems.
- May perform supervisory duties in the surpervisor's absence,
such as resolving customer service issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the techniques for keying, repairing,
installing and servicing locks and related hardware.
- Knowledge of campus wide electronic access systems.
- Skills in keying, repairing, installing and servicing locks
and related hardware.
- Skill in creating job estimates for customers and University
Services (Facilities Management).
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of locksmith experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills
and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Locksmith Supervisor Job Description