Licensed Practical Nurse Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Provides simple medical care and treatment to patients in medical
areas such as clinics and research studies. In complex situations,
may act as assistant to higher level medical personnel.
a specialized classification and not part of a series. Incumbents
are required to work with bio-hazardous body fluids.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides nursing care in simple nursing situations and
assists with care in complex nursing situations.
- Assesses and records temperature, blood pressure, pulse and
- Observes and monitors patients for reaction to medical
- Administers specific medication, vaccines and other types of
- Records appropriate information and documentation in
individual client record.
- Sterilizes equipment and supplies using germicides and/or
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of licensed
practical nursing care.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Graduate of an accredited nursing program AND current licensure to
practice as a practical nurse in the State of Arizona OR, must
possess a temporary practice permit from the Arizona State Board of
Next: Lifeguard Job Description