Irrigation Repairer Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Installs, repairs, and troubleshoots computerized underground lawn
a journey-level position and the first in a series of two
classifications. This classification differs from the Senior level
job in that it does not have responsibility for design and lay out
of lawn sprinkler systems.
Examples of Duties:
- Installs new drip and sprinkler systems.
- Removes old systems and recovers reusable equipment.
- Sets and maintains times on computer and electronic valve
clocks; troubleshoots computerized electronic systems,
irrigation controllers, solenoid valves, and heads of all types.
- Maps systems for campus-wide master plans; may review or
make changes to contract specifications.
- May instruct others in minor irrigation repairs.
- Operates tractors and trenchers to install/repair lines.
- May operate various snow removal equipment and shovel snow
and ice from designated areas.
- May assist in coordination with other departments or outside
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- General knowledge of grounds maintenance.
- Knowledge of computerized systems and time clocks,
electrical wiring and wire functions, blue staking
identification, and trade-service support.
- Knowledge of underground lawn sprinkler system repair and
installation techniques, and the design and redesign of
- Knowledge of mechanical maintenance, including electrical,
plumbing, and carpentry.
- Skill in the repair and installation of underground lawn
- Skill in math sufficient to figure pipe flows, gallanages,
pipe sizing, friction losses, run times, systems efficiency,
spacing, and head selections.
- Ability to read blue prints.
years of underground lawn sprinkler system repair and installation
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
been achieved. Possession of current Arizona Type D driverís license
is required upon employment.
Next: Irrigation Repairer Senior Job Description