General Maintenance Assistant Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
in supervising the general maintenance and repair/replacement of
buildings, property, furniture, or other equipment.
third in a series of five classifications and is distinguished from
the General Maintenance Mechanic Lead in that this position
oversees, not coordinates, activities of subordinates and assists in
supervising a work unit.
Examples of Duties:
- Oversees the activities of subordinates.
- Assists in supervising staff in the general maintenance and
repair/replacement of buildings, property, furniture, fixtures
or other equipment, which includes mechanical, plumbing,
electrical, refrigeration, carpentry, and painting
- Inspects buildings and property for inventory or maintenance
and repair purposes.
- Monitors projects with regard to progress and cost.
- Estimates material and labor costs.
- Instructs or trains staff in performance of tasks and
ensures appropriate standards are maintained.
- Ensures appropriate documentation is maintained regarding
unit operations such as inventory/material/supply levels, work
performed, and status of work projects.
- Prioritizes work for staff; schedules projects and assigns
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Knowledge of general maintenance principles, practices and
- Skill in applying general maintenance principles, practices,
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of general maintenance and repair experience, which includes
one year of supervisory experience; OR, Any equivalent combination
of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge,
skills, and abilities have been achieved. Some positions may be
required to obtain an Environmental Protection Agency Type 1
refrigeration license upon employment.
Next: General Maintenance Mechanic Job Description