Field Operations Supervisor Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Supervises and coordinates operations, staff and work activities of
parking enforcement and tram operations. Develops work schedules and
procedures. Prepares statistical and work reports for management.
a specialized classification and not part of a series. Incumbents
typically report to an Assistant Director.
Examples of Duties:
- Supervises the activities of subordinates.
- Tracks and monitors expenditures against budget allocations.
- Develops reports on area operations such as money collected,
expenditures, broken/repaired equipment, statistics on number of
passengers or citations written, etc.; submits to manager.
- Conducts briefing at beginning of parking enforcement
- Develops policies and procedures used in areas under
supervision; obtains management approval when appropriate.
- Performs vehicle inspections and schedules and monitors,
maintenance; orders repairs or maintenance of parking meters,
gate access arms, card readers and vehicles.
- Monitors and checks collection, recording and deposit of
monies collected from meters.
- Evaluates and resolves problems presented by staff or
- Provides advice/consultation to groups or personnel such as
the Parking Appeals Board.
- Trains new personnel and/or provides training materials and
leadership to others for training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Knowledge of office management practices.
- Knowledge of parking and tram operations and procedures.
- Skill in organizing work activities and people.
years of clerical and administrative or related experience which
includes one year lead experience AND one year field operations
experience; OR, Associate's degree in Business Administration or
related field AND two years of related experience, which includes
one year lead experience AND one year field operations experience;
OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from
which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Filter Servicer Job Description