Facilities Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Oversees and manages the furniture acquisition and installation and
custodial services functions. Participates in the planning and
management of small facilities repair and maintenance projects.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Oversees and manages the design, acquisition and
installation of modular furniture for offices, classrooms and
- Supervises, plans and coordinates the activities of
custodial, maintenance and related assigned personnel.
- Develops and implements guidelines for furnishings campus
- Manages furniture inventory to include new purchases and
maintenance and repair of existing furniture.
- Develops project estimates for customers; provides cost,
schedule and scope information for customer review and approval.
- Coordinates preparation of bid documents for outside
contractors for furniture and custodial services.
- Coordinates and participates in the planning and management
of small facilities repair and maintenance projects; assists
with large projects as requested or required.
- Maintains and updates real property records; updates records
in AutoCAD and/or hard copy using as built, construction project
documents and shop drawings.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of university, campus and department policies,
procedures, guidelines and standard practices.
- Knowledge of project management tools including cost
- Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
- Skill in interpreting and applying blueprints,
specifications and technical manuals.
- Skill in inspecting or performing quality control for
- Skill in utilizing computerized tools for project
management, workload planning, cost estimating and records.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Skill in providing quality customer service.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with customers and departmental personnel.
- Ability to plan projects including sketches, schedules and
years of experience in modular furniture layout, acquisition and/or
installation, supervision of facilities operations and/or project
management experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Facilities Project Coordinator Job Description