Events Coordinator Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Events Coordinators and Senior Coordinators with the scheduling and
coordination of public and athletic events, seminars, conferences
and services for campus and/or community organization. Incumbents
are required to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to
coordinate and attend evening and weekend events. Maintains on-call
first in a series of three classifications and is distinguished from
the Event Coordinator in that incumbents in this classification do
not have responsibility for an entire event, but rather assist with
various aspects of the scheduling and coordination.
Examples of Duties:
- May supervise staff for events, which may include hiring,
firing, and scheduling.
- Assists users of facilities by providing requirements in
regard to technical, security, and/or other requirements;
assists in problem resolution and answers questions; refers to
appropriate department when unable to respond.
- Assists in developing and scheduling event staff in
accordance with specifications; oversees assigned staff or
- Attends events to assist with the facilitation of operations
and responds to emergencies, problems, etc.; ensures assigned
aspects of events are implemented and controlled according to
- Maintains records on event activities, progress, or status.
- Coordinates activities of assigned areas with activities of
other staff to ensure optimum efficiency and compliance with
appropriate procedures and specifications.
- Maintains facility or event calendars, updating as
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of scheduling, box office operations and contract
- General knowledge of supervisory principles.
- Skill in public relations and handling complaints.
- Good communication skills.
Associate's degree in Business Administration or related field AND
one year of facility coordination; OR, Three years progressively
responsible events or facility coordination experience; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Events Coordinator Senior Job Description