Energy Management Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
general direction, performs work of a complex nature. Repairs,
operates and programs building automation systems.
a specialized classification and not part of a series.
Examples of Duties:
- Performs data base uploads and down loads to provide direct
digital controllers with current programs.
- Operates and monitors computer control system equipment;
detects source and nature of system problems; makes adjustments
to change operating parameters of the system due to emergencies,
malfunctions and change requirements or to optimize operations.
- Performs emergency corrections to neutralize alarm
conditions and restore proper operation.
- Perform hardware and software repairs and verifies correct
system and control sequence operations.
- May perform scheduled and unscheduled remote start and stop
- Updates air handlersí schedules upon request for air
- Imports and audits data from a variety of computer systems
and compiles energy management reports.
- Conducts energy auditing and provides reports by
accumulating data from multiple automation systems and/or
software support programs.
- May develop macros and queries to produce energy management
- Evaluates HVAC systems and implements changes to conserve
- Reviews, modifies and implements programming changes to
building automation system to ensure efficient and effective
system operations and conformance with standards and guidelines.
- Monitors and adjusts process loops for optimum performance.
- Develops operator qualifications, training and
responsibility parameters for continual operation. Trains
- Calibrates, repairs and replaces building automation system
sensing devises to specifications.
- May dispatch trouble calls to appropriate personnel to
respond to customer needs.
- Troubleshoots power supplies, controllers, and transducers.
Takes corrective actions.
- Performs backup and restoration of critical system files and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of computerized energy management, and control
- Knowledge of network Topology and architecture.
- Knowledge ofProportional Integral and Derivative loop
- Knowledge of applicable controller configuration.
- Ability to troubleshoot controllers for proper function.
- Knowledge of instrumentation, sensing devices and
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to analyze complex control sequences and resulting
operations, and to develop innovations that solve difficult
- Ability to acquire through training and on the job
experience specialized knowledge in rapidly changing technology
- Skill in current loop wiring and checkout.
- Skill with basic multimeter usage.
years experience with building automation systems; which includes
one year of programming, OR; any equivalent combination of
experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge skills
and abilities have been achieved. Some positions may require
Chlorofluorocarbons Certification upon employment. Some positions
may require a current Arizona driverís license upon employment.
Next: Engineer Job Description