Data Input Operator Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
and verifies data from source documents. Employees in this
classification are responsible for input of data pertaining to a
particular program or project.
second in a series of three classifications and is distinguished
from the Data Input Operator in that incumbents provide technical
direction or training Input Operators and/or perform complex tasks
such as utilizing commands to produce or modify reports and
designing screens for input. Incumbents may be required to input or
maintain data in a variety of hardware or software media.
Incumbent's correct source documents and interpret, manipulate
and/or code data or information to include researching historic data
and running reports.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates activities of subordinates.
- Enters records, pre-coded, or open format data from source
documents onto tape, discs, or into on-line terminal.
- Detects data entry errors and makes corrections.
- Verifies entered data manually and/or visually.
- Logs source documents in and out to record data and time.
- Runs routine reports with updated and/or current data.
- Utilizes appropriate commands to produce reports and compile
or extract needed information from database.
- Reviews source documents to determine accuracy and
completeness of information; codes and/or corrects coding of
- Updates records by deleting, changing, or adding data to
- Files source documents.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of data entry procedures and methods.
- Skill in performing data entry operations.
year of experience operating data entry equipment, which includes
the completion of a three month training program in the operation of
data entry equipment; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience
and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and
abilities have been achieved.
Next: Data Input Operator Supervisor Job Description