Credentials Evaluator Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Examines and evaluates complex academic records/credentials of
students applying for admission to university and/or graduate
program or for graduation. Determines if student meets established
second in a series of two classifications. It is distinguished from
the Credentials Evaluator in that incumbents evaluate the more
complex credentials, such as international records or non-standard
college transcripts and also serve as a resource person to
Credentials Evaluators and require less supervision.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates activities of subordinates.
- Evaluates and certifies complex credentials and transcripts
such as those for international applicants; processes
credentials based on established graduation and admissions
guidelines and policies; ensures authenticity of documents;
evaluates credentials for graduate fellowships and
- Prepares list/checksheet of completed and to be completed
classes required for degree; reviews and processes program of
study for students applying for graduation; uses appropriate
catalog and academic curriculum requirements depending on major,
minor and appropriate degree.
- Researches various academic systems to determine
transferability and equivalencies of applicants' credits;
converts credits to university system; maintains
resource/reference file of catalogs, and the like from various
universities and institutions.
- Provides assistance and information to students, general
public and departments regarding admission policies and
procedures; confers with students planning to transfer regarding
transferability of credits.
- Collaborates with students and advising units regarding
problems qualifying for graduation; consults faculty for
clarification of requirements; processes curriculum changes and
- Maintains computerized student files, applications and
credentials; verifies, adds, deletes and corrects permanent
- Informs students of admissions/graduation acceptance/denial;
generates necessary correspondence.
- Conducts necessary research in order to verify residency
status of applicants.
- Responds to non-routine written inquiries received by
department and general public; disseminates information
regarding policies and procedures, curriculum requirements,
transferability of courses and general campus information.
- Assists Credential Evaluators with more complex evaluations;
trains news staff in procedures and computer use.
- Interprets department policies; recommends changes to
policies and/or procedures to supervisor.
- Assists supervisor in gathering information and in
preparation of various reports; performs other administrative
functions in assistance of supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of admissions and graduation procedures.
- Knowledge and skill in office procedures.
- Skill in public relations.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of general clerical experience which includes one year of
experience in credential evaluation; OR, Any equivalent combination
of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge,
skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Curatorial/Museum Assistant Job Description