Credentials Evaluator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Examines and evaluates academic records/credentials of students
applying for admission to university, college or graduate program or
for graduation. Determines if student meets established academic
requirements. Performs various data entry and clerical duties in
order to maintain accurate student records.
first in a series of two classifications. It is distinguished from
the Credentials Evaluator Senior in that incumbent evaluates the
more routine credentials, such as high school or straight-forward
college transcripts and are also more closely supervised.
Examples of Duties:
- Evaluates, certifies and processes credentials for students
applying for university, college or graduate studies admittance
and/or graduation; ensures authenticity of documents and that
requirements have been met using established admission and
graduation policies and guidelines.
- Reviews and verifies transcripts received; checks and
converts credits to semester system; determines transferability
and equivalencies of courses based on course descriptions;
checks for repeat courses.
- Prepares listing/check sheet of completed or to be completed
courses required for graduation; reviews and processes programs
of study for students applying for graduation; uses appropriate
catalog and curriculum to ensure all academic requirements have
- Responds to inquiries from students, departments or general
public by telephone or in person regarding application status or
related department procedures; provides information as
- Notifies students of acceptance/denial via written
correspondence and initiates follow-up mailing procedures.
- Maintains computerized student files by entering updates
and/or deleting records as required.
- Processes petitions, curriculum changes and applications for
graduation; enters information in student files.
- Selects and pulls file for recording procedures or
corrections; routes to appropriate department.
- Performs various clerical functions in order to maintain
files, process paperwork, prepare reports and fulfill
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of admissions and/or graduation procedures.
- Knowledge and skill in general office procedures.
- Skill in public relations.
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
years of general clerical or related experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Credentials Evaluator Senior Job Description