Computer Programmer Assistant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Performs entry level computer programming development or
modification, program testing and the preparation of program
the first in a series of two classifications. It is distinguished
from the second level in that the Computer Programmer alters and
changes programs to resolve a problem.
Examples of Duties:
- Participates in on-the-job and formal training sessions
concerning the design, writing, and testing of computer
- Participates in the design, testing and documentation phases
of programs of moderate complexity and/or independently performs
the design, testing and documentation phases of the more
standard or routine programs assigned.
- Translates predetermined logic into appropriate programming
- Utilizes standard reference, resource or procedural
materials to resolve problems.
- Operates on-line terminals and related computing equipment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of programming and job control language applicable
to the assignment.
- Knowledge of common program testing and data file
manipulation practices and access methods.
- Knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of
information processing systems.
- Skill in writing computer code in various languages or in
language of assignment.
Associate's degree in Computer Science or related field; OR, One
year computer programming experience; OR, Any equivalent combination
of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge,
skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Computer Site Support Supervisor Job Description