Computer Lab Associate Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Maintains and monitors computer lab operations by providing
assistance to users with basic computer software and hardware
a specialized classification and not part of a series. Incumbents
receive daily regular review of work activities to ensure timely
completion of duties in accordance with established standards and
policies. This position does not supervise or delegate work to any
Examples of Duties:
- Acts as first point of contact to all computer lab users by
responding to questions and inquiries.
- Opens Computer Lab and starts computers; checks printers for
paper and toner and restocks as needed.
- Assists students, faculty and others with computer account
- Monitors usage and reports abuse to Supervisor.
- Responds to basic software and hardware questions; refers
more complex issues to Supervisor for resolution/research.
- Monitors computer lab usage log to ensure users
sign-in/sign-out to provide for accurate records.
- Delivers and retrieves laptops to/from classrooms; connects
to video data projector and verifies proper functionality.
- Provides basic technical support to classroom instructors as
- Distributes replacement A/V for classroom use in the event
of equipment failure.
- Relays userís requests for additional hardware and/or
software to supervisor.
- Inputs information into databases and/or spreadsheets as
- Closes Computer Lab and powers down all computers.
- Performs all other job related activities as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of basic PC hardware and software troubleshooting
methods and practices.
- Knowledge of basic MS Office product functionality.
- Skill in troubleshooting of PC hardware and software
problems and error messages.
- Skill in delivery of customer service through use of verbal
and written communication and listening techniques.
- Ability to perform various basic PC hardware diagnostics.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities through
application of effective and efficient time and work methods.
School Diploma or GED and six months' experience providing technical
support for computers and associated peripheral equipment; OR, Any
equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Computer Operations Support Specialist Senior Job Description