Computer Graphic Artist Senior Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
word charts, graphs and illustration slides for faculty and staff
presentations on slides for text and graphic representations by
operating a computer-generated graphics system. Works closely with
client to determine needs for an effective presentation.
second in a series of three classifications and is distinguished
from the first level in that incumbents perform lead duties and/or
perform duties requiring a higher level of experience and expertise.
Examples of Duties:
- Coordinates the activities of subordinates.
- Designs, creates and inputs graphics, illustrations and text
into computerized system for the development of finished slides.
- Analyzes software and systems problems and determines
- Coordinates with client to determine intent of presentation
and to acquire additional information as required.
- Creates proofs for clients for inspection prior to
completion of final product; revises work as necessary.
- Monitors quality control by checking slides for accuracy,
design, color, format alignment and legibility.
- Coordinates maintenance of file management system of
completed jobs for ease of retrieval for repeated use.
- Monitors inventory of supplies such as film, thermo paper
- Process film and mounts slides.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of design, layout and illustration.
- Knowledge of typography and statistical data display and
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in typing and basic personal computer usage.
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Graphic Arts or related field
AND two years experience in graphic or commercial design; OR, Six
years of graphic or commercial design experience; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Computer Lab Associate Job Description