Computer-Aided Design Specialist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Computer Aided Design (CAD) system, provides inventory plans, maps
and other drawings to record existing and future facilities.
the first in a series of two classifications.
Examples of Duties:
- Converts key plan, building drawings for space management
purposes using CAD software, and updates drawings as necessary.
- Produces archival copies of CAD format construction
documents on paper and disk.
- Converts information to a CAD format.
- Prepares and produces presentation quality drawings for
press releases, camera-ready artwork and other departmental
- Maintains CAD program and hardware, and makes
recommendations for upgrades.
- Provides input for making policy and procedure
recommendations pertaining to department standards, such as a
- Serves as CAD trainer and resource person for department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and skill in using CAD software.
- Knowledge of computer technology and specific areas of
application, such as architecture or engineering.
- Skill in design and drawing using computer aided design
- Skill in both verbal and written communication.
Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design or related field AND one
year' experience in CAD; OR, Five years of design, drawing and CAD
experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
Next: Computing Manager Job Description