Central Plant Maintenance Mechanic Lead Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
the work of various trades and skilled craft employees and
participates in the repair and maintenance of boilers, chillers,
water treatment and related equipment.
second in a series of four classifications and is distinguished from
the Central Plant Assistant Supervisor by the lead responsibilities.
Incumbents typically report to the Central Plant Assistant
Examples of Duties:
- Assigns and inspects the work of plumbers, HVAC Mechanics,
Trades Helpers, Stationary Engineers and Stationary Engineer,
Seniors; initiates corrective action to secure satisfactory
standards and timely project completion.
- Plans and develops work schedules, equipment usage schedules
and procedures for equipment maintenance.
- Maintains time, payrol,l and material records and submits
- Determines material and labor estimates.
- Participates in maintenance, repair, and installation duties
in the plant.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of boiler and chiller repair and maintenance
- Skill in the application of boiler and chiller repair and
- Skill in estimating time and material requirements for work
- Skill in leading or coordinating the work activities of self
years of experience in the maintenance and repair of boilers and
chillers; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or
education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have
been achieved. Some positions in this classification may require
Chloroflourocarbons Certification upon employment. Some positions in
this classification may require a current Arizona driver's license
Next: Central Plant Supervisor Job Description