Athletic Facilities Attendant Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Maintains athletic facilities and prepares facilities for all
sporting events and physical education classes. Performs other set
up functions in preparation for event such as bleacher set up and
painting of facility.
first in a series of three classifications and is distinguished from
the second level in that incumbents do not have supervisory
responsibilities. Incumbents in this classification may be required
to maintain a flexible work schedule in order to accommodate evening
and weekend sporting events depending on sport season.
Examples of Duties:
- Maintains sport facility grounds including sodding,
fertilizing, raking, lining fields, painting, marking lanes, and
other preparations, as various sports require.
- Sets up and moves bleachers, stands and various sport
equipment for both indoor and outdoor events as required;
dismantles and/or stores equipment after event.
- Maintains facility maintenance equipment and performs minor
repairs on equipment as required.
- Operates various equipment and vehicles in performance of
duties such as trucks, lawnmowers and field lining equipment.
- Cleans facilities after sporting events; leads work of
- Sets up athletic equipment for physical education courses
according to class schedules.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of ground care and maintenance.
- Knowledge of sporting specifications and standards for
facility and field preparation.
- Skill in operating ground maintenance equipment.
- Skill in following both verbal and written instructions.
prior experience required.
Next: Athletic Facilities Maintenance Supervisor Job Description