Assistant Equipment Operations Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
the Coordinator, Equipment Operations, organize and maintain the
athletic equipment for University sports teams while adhering to
NCAA and PAC-10 rules and regulations as well as policies of the
department, the University, and the Arizona Board of Regents.
a specialized class and not part of a series. Incumbents have
knowledge of and must work within NCAA and Board of Regents
regulations for student athletes.
Examples of Duties:
- Assists the Coordinator, Equipment Operations receive,
inventory, check-out/collection and maintain equipment for
- Maintains an accurate inventory of team equipment; initiates
requests for replenishment of stock items.
- Maintains student athletesí property records for assigned
- Assists the Coordinator, Equipment Operations in leading
student employee staff.
- Participates in the budgetary process.
- As assigned, meets with sales representatives regarding new
and existing products, ensuring that the needs of the student
athletes, coaches, and other athletic department personnel are
met within constraints of budget guidelines.
- Assists the Coordinator, Equipment Operations, in all phases
of the ordering of athletic equipment and apparel for assigned
- Assists in the coordination of laundry services for all
athletic sports clothing following all practices, games, and
workouts for assigned sports.
- Assists the coordinating and the fitting of all equipment
and clothing for assigned sports.
- Follows departmental policies and procedures.
- Adheres to NCAA and PAC-10 rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sports equipment and facility needs.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the proper use, maintenance, and storage of
athletic equipment, accessories and clothing.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and methods of
- Skill in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to determine appropriate fit of athletic clothing,
accessories and equipment.
Bachelorís degree in Business Administration or related field AND
two (2) years experience in athletic equipment management; OR, six
(6) years experience in athletic equipment management; OR, Any
equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which
comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Assistant Sports Information Director Job Description