Accompanist Duties and Responsibilities
Purpose of Classification:
Provides musical accompaniment for dance classes, choral groups
and/or individual performers.
first in a series of two classifications. Very little composition is
involved at this level.
Examples of Duties:
- Provides musical accompaniment for dance classes, choral
groups and/or individual performances.
- Plays from memory or by following score.
- Selects and arranges musical compositions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of music arrangement and composition.
- Skill in playing the appropriate instrument.
year of experience as a musical accompanist; OR, Any equivalent
combination of experience and/or education from which comparable
knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
Next: Accompanist Senior Job Description